Our story begins in 1807 with just seven members gathering under the direction of Circuit Rider pastors. By 1819, we had officially become The Methodist Church of Victor.
In the following year, we built our first sanctuary in a small, wooden building heated by two large, wood-burning stoves. By 1832, the church had grown to over 600 members, and the sanctuary needed expanding. A steeple was added during renovations, and a parsonage purchased for the first resident minister, the Rev. James Hall.
After a couple decades, it was time for another round of construction updates. The wooden church and parsonage were both updated to brick in 1870-75. The melodeon was replaced with a pipe organ that would fill the new, larger sanctuary. The steeple was updated as well, and a church bell weighing over a ton was added. After three lightning strikes, the steeple was removed in 1919 and has not been rebuilt.
In 1927, the horse sheds were removed and construction was begun on the education wing. For a time, the auditorium (now known as Wesley Hall) doubled as a basketball court for Victor High School. By 1964, the Sunday School had outgrown the new building, and additional rooms were added in the basement below the sanctuary.
In 1989, a new parsonage was purchased nearby and the old parsonage (now called the Annex) was converted to the church offices and connected to the sanctuary building in 2004. In 2022, the church offices moved to the education wing, and the Clothes Closet moved into the Annex to better serve those in need in our community.
We look forward to what God might do with us next!